The Center for Social Justice
« select »
Call to action
This week only
Just CSJ events
Tech Tips for Social Justice
This Week's Newsletter
Receive CSJ newsletter in your inbox!
(send announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mar 10, 2014 - IAW forum:
Reaching the Tipping Point?
When: Monday, March 10th, 7pm
Where: University of Toronto, Ramsay Wright Lab, Room 110, 25 Harbord St.
Anti-Normalization and Academic Boycott from South Africa to Canada
* Salim Vally - Professor at University of Jonnesburg, Founding member of Congress of South African Trade Union and the Palestinian Solidarity Committee.
* Linda Tabar - member of Faculty 4 Palestine. She will speak about the significance of the academic boycott, and will offer insights on perspectives from Palestine.
* Sue Ferguson – Faculty for Palestine.
Mar 13, 2014 -
Labour Migration, 'Unfree Labour' and Resistance
When: Thursday Mar 13th, 12pm
Where: Kaneff Tower 519, York University
The Global Labour Research Centre is pleased to announce the upcoming panel as part of the Global Labour Speakers Series:
Labour Migration, 'Unfree Labour', and Resistance
The panel is co-sponsored with the
York Migration Matters initiative
* Aziz Choudry (McGill): Building migrant and immigrant worker resistance against temporary agency exploitation in Montreal
* Adrian Smith (Carleton): 'Unfree-ing Migrant Labour: Canada's Next Top Model'
* Fay Faraday (lawyer and incoming Packer Chair in Social Justice, York University): Law and the Construction of Migrant Workers Insecurity
* Sonya Singh (Workers' Action Centre)
* Discussant: Geraldina Polanco, Postdoctoral Fellow, York University
Refreshments will be served. All are welcome. Please circulate to your lists and contacts.
Mar 13, 2014 - Forum:
Ukraine: What's Happening? Who's Responsible?
When: Thursday, March 13th, 7:30pm
Where: GCDO Hall, 290 Danforth Ave. (just west of Chester Stn.)
A discussion on the grave crisis and danger of war in Ukraine, the roots of the current conflict, and the role of Canada, U.S., Germany and other Western imperialist powers in fomenting regime change. With Wilfred Szczesny - editor of the Ukrainian-Canadian Herald.
Mar 15, 2014 - Fundraiser:
Syria, Humanity's Call
When: Saturday March 15th, 6:30pm
Where: Royal Canadian Legion, branch 101, 3850 Lakeshore Blvd West, Toronto
The chair of Amnesty International Toronto Organization, Ms Shanaaz Gokool will be a guest speaker and we also anticipate representatives from Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) Canada to be present, as the SCFH has worked closely with MSF since the early stages of this egregious war.
Syrian Canadian Foundation for Humanity
(SCFH), a non-profit, politically neutral humanitarian organization whose purpose is to help alleviate the suffering of those affected by the ongoing tragedy in Syria.
Follow us on Facebook
© 2007-2012 The Centre for Social Justice. All Rights Reserved.